Thursday, March 19, 2009

Halloweeners




I was a painting fiend all this past week. I did Teagan's room in two days and then my room another two days with some assistance from my painting guru cousin the last day.
In the meantime, the kids were great at entertaining themselves, getting along, taking care of their baby brother, and being all around good little siblings.
On the 3rd day, I heard an awful lot of laughter coming from Teagan's room so I went to investigate. Upon entering I see James all decked out in Teagan's hair paraphernalia like a lion with a headdress and Teagan likewise donned herself like an African princess.

Oh the gaudiness! Oh the somewhat disturbing-ness seeing your son so enjoy the girlish festivities!

I asked them what they were doing and they told me that, "they were dressed up like all those Halloweeners."

"Halloweeners?"- I asked?

"Yeah, ya know...all those kids who are too old to get candy who dress up and look funny on Halloween. They're Halloweeners."

I had comfort in knowing that my kids have never heard the word they didn't intend -"wiener" and have no idea what it could mean. And yet, I thoroughly enjoy that title and description of "all those [dumb and selfish] kids who are too old to get candy [because their parents are morons and let their kids go out T and T-ing] who dress up and look funny [and often very inappropriate] on Halloween."

I too say- "they're Hallow-wieners!!"

No comments: