Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birthday Boy!


Every Thursday we have gym and swim. This morning before we went to gym we went to the grocery store. I needed to pick up some birthday necessities like candles and balloons. The kids were great as they usually are when we go shopping. We got back in the car and James asked if I was "proud of them for being so responsible and obedient." Absolutely!


I'm a strong believer in shopping with your kids so they can learn how to be well behaved, responsible, know where to shop for the nutritious food, price compare, coupon search, and practice proper life skills. How are they ever going to learn all this if you shove them in the baby sitter's room?! I must say that I also thoroughly enjoy them standing outside the windows of the babysitting room and watch all the kids inside there as though they were animals at the zoo. It cracks me up!


Today, James informed his gym teacher that it was his birthday and all the 30+ other kids cheered him on all day and he got "special" treatment. He scored a goal while they were playing hockey too! He was so proud of himself.


Teagan informed ME that I am "such a great mommy for pushing that great brother of mine out of your belly 6 years ago this very day!" She gave James first pick and let him go first and what not all day.


James asked me yesterday if he could have whatever he wanted for his b'day dinner as long as it was nutritious. He requested "baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and cucumbers" for his birthday dinner. "Oh and a piece of candy for dessert, MOM!...because a little sugar is okay."
Happy Birthday my Sweet Baby James!

No comments: