Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Fishers of Men







Last week, my brother Jesse came over to fish in our neighborhood ponds when Devone and the kids were out of town. Lil' James was staying at my parent's for the weekend but my Dad brought him over to join in the fishing fun.

Lil' James reeled in the first and only big bass of the night. There were some other rock bass and bluegill caught, as well as bug bites, and some sludge and slime.

It was funny to watch Uncle Jesse and my Dad look at little James with jealousy and amazement every time he'd fling a fish out of the water. It's like he couldn't help but be a natural fisherman. Jesse ended up catching a few and Grandpa scored el' zero! At one point James, innocently and matter of factly stated, "Grandpa, you haven't caught ANY yet."
"Rub it in James!" said Grandpa laughing.

I enjoyed sitting there watching the three generations of men in my life enjoying each others company, and interacting while mentoring and discipling each other. My Dad, Jesse, James and Lil' James and Ireson.
Good times...make that great times.

No comments: