Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Please and Thank You Lord

I had one of those Mama moments last Sunday on the way to church.  You know- the kind that make you cry instantly, pull on your heart strings, proud as could be, can't wait to share it with people moments.  Daddy had to drive separately as I had to stay after for a meeting.  Lil' James asks, "Mom, I'm going to read to you out of my Bible on our way to church, Okay?"

"Of course!"  I said.  "What better way to help keep the focus of the day, then to start it off with scripture readings."

As I eagerly await to have my seven year old, eldest child and son begin to read to me from the Bible, I hear page flipping and "hmmm-ings."  He pipes up after a moment, "Mom does C-h-r-o-n-i-c-l-e-s spell Cronickles?"
"Yep- it sure does." I answered.
"K.  I thought so because "CH"ronicles didn't sound right."  Then he started to read to us on our most pleasant ride to church.

James was praying the other day for lunch.  We had just finished doing some school and some Bible readings.  During his prayer he asked, "And God, please help me to keep getting better at reading because some of those big words like, [Mom- what was that one today?]....."
"Warrior and adversity?" I whispered.
"Yeah, God, sorry,  warrior and adversity.  Those were kind of hard!  And help me be patient.  Amen."

Amen to that!

No comments: