Monday, September 14, 2009

Real Men

While throwing the football around with Lil' James this evening, I watched him as he intentionally stretched his natural ball-gifted-abilities to see how far, high, and fast he could throw the football while still maintaining accuracy, precision, and spin. Impressive he is to most who witness his natural inclination. Friends and family and gym mates often comment on how good he is at whatever sport we're playing at the time. I have to figure out a better response than, "Yes, he's good with balls!"

Anyhow, as he wanted to go "all out", he mustered up a bunch of gusto and threw the football at me with manly force. Due to the testosteronian gumption that he used, he fell forward and landed with his front leg out almost into the splits, arm stretched and flexed forward, and he held this Trojan-like stance until he could see how and where the ball landed. He looked like one of those "still photo shots" of a Quarter-back after an awesome pass. Yes, he too could have his own Calendar.

I caught the ball as I laughed at his pose. He responded to me very coach-like, as though I shouldn't be surprised at how he looked.

"Well, sometimes that's what real men HAVE to do, Mom."

No comments: