Sunday, March 27, 2011

Random acts of...

Ireson was in his bed, he was supposed to be sleeping, and I caught him with his feet up pushing up under the top bunk and tugging at this cover I made to hide/block the slats under the top bunk.  During his acrobatics he pulled a part of the cover out from under one of the push pins nails that I had hammered in.  After I startled him with my stealthy motherly moves and snuck up behind him and stood there, I told him that if he was caught again and ruined another spot on the cover than he would be disciplined and punished. 

He sat there frozen and then with his big Eeyore eyes looked up at me with eager repentance and asked, "Punished? By God?"

I couldn't help but chuckle and replied, "No, God would be a LOT nicer and fair.  You'd be punished by me!" 
Apparently, that was satisfactory because then he said "Oh, okay," rolled over and went to sleep.






Today in Church, Ireson had to go for a potty break and he wanted me to go with him.  So, as usual, we went into the ladies bathroom and into the large handicap stall where there is ample room for a fleet of family members to assist the youngins with their potty performing. 

Now, lately at home I have been on the boys like crazy about their potty etiquette: turning the light on in the morning when you go to the bathroom, flush when you're done with going to the bathroom, aiming for the potty when you go to the bathroom, and most especially paying attention so you don't soak the floor or the potty when you go to the bathroom!  I'm convinced there is no safe/non toxic chemical way to get the "you smell like you're in a gas station bathroom" smell out of the kids bathroom.  Okay- perhaps it's not that bad but white tile and grout and 2 boys just don't go well together.

Anyhow, Ireson proceeded to stand in front of the potty at church and do his business when I hear him say with some panic in his voice, "MOM...I need your help."

"What's the problem buddy, just finish up?"

"Noooooo," he pleaded.  "I'm all done but, (insert grunt and shoulder shrunking) I don't want to pee on God's potty and I just did!"

"Ireson, it's okay- he'll forgive you and I'll just clean it off." I reassured.

"Yeah, but this is HIS place and HIS potty and I don't want to mess up HIS stuff." he said very concerned.

"No problem buddy.  See, I'll just clean it up right now and it's fine- see?" I said as I wiped it off with a wet wipe.

Big sigh of relief .  "It's a good thing you know a lot about cleaning up potty's Mom."

"Yeah- I've had a LOT of practice."

No comments: