Thursday, February 26, 2009

Only a Lansing would be proud!

Teagan and Ireson were sleeping so I had my "special time" with James since he only needs a nap about 1-2 times a week now. During this time I like to do our 1 on 1 school time. Most of the time it's reading and phonics and is reading has blossomed since it's quiet and he can concentrate without his 2 younger siblings clucking in the background. Today we decided to just play games. Crazy Eights was the game of choice today...a game that we played many a time with my dad when we were all little. This particular deck however, is decked out (no pun intended) with animals. So about the 3rd or 4th game I told James to go ahead and deal the cards while I went and started dinner. I got the meat browning and he called me over when he was done. About a third of the way through the game I realized that the kid had 3 eights (wild in this game) in his hand and he didn't need to draw a card yet! I on the other hand had to keep drawing to find the card tho match what he kept changing it to with all of the eights he had! Finally, he goes out on an eight!

I sarcastically said, "MAN - You didn't shuffle very well! How did you end up with three eights?! Sheesh!"

He just looked at me with this "stop feeling sorry for yourself/matter of fact" look on his face and said: "What?! I gave you one."

Allow yourself to imagine my face in total shock and awe at this point! Uh huh- that little stinker totally stacked the deck.
"You little cheater. James! I can't believe you did that!" He's just laughing and turning red and giggling at his clever little self.

Honestly though, I couldn't help but grin and chuckle to myself and be a little proud thinking about he was following his natural genetic predisposition of becoming a Lansing cheater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's like I always say "If you aren't cheating, You're not trying hard enough"!